Friday, April 17, 2009

I love this game!!!!

The last day in campus, many things happened for the last time in my life on that day. But most importantly I stepped on the college basketball court for the last time.
It has been more than 3 months since I came to Bangalore. I have embraced the atmosphere of this techy city whole heartedly. I am really getting dissolved in the liquid of professionalism which this city has offered me. But professionalism and work on one side, each of us on this planet have passion for something or the other. I have it too for the game of Basketball.
Last week SPREE'09 ended in the college. Friends back in the college continuously updated me on the happening on court. I was really hating myself for missing the action. I was so proud of our team for playing superb game and also the girls team for winning that single match. But wht the hell????? I havent played for the last 3 months. I was going crazy. Watching this year's Slamdunk contest on youtube (where Nate Robinson jumped over Dwight Howard) further drove me mad. It was really tough for me to resist. And then finally I got the oppurtunity. One day I met few guys who play daily at a court nearby. Guess what!!!!I was there the next day.
The moment I got that first basket in it was like " Yeah Babay, this is awesome!!!!!". Next I was at the defense and a huge guy came running for a lay up and bam!!!! a tap on the ball( the tappu!!!!), the ball is out of the court. My right palm was red, but woooooooo!!!!! the feeling of slapping the ball in mid air is like sitting over a cloud and getting high ;).
By the time the game ended I was all drenched in sweat as a good game of basketball ended. More than tired I was satisfied from within. I love this game. I love watching Shaq o Neal dunk and bend the rings by more than 30 degrees, I go mad when I see Jason Williams giving a blind pass off the back of his hand, I get so animated when I see air-borne Kobe doing the magic tricks in mid air. I simply love this game :) :)


"There are really only two plays: Romeo and Juliet, and put the darn ball in the basket." ~Abe Lemons

"I haven't been able to slam-dunk the basketball for the past five years. Or, for the thirty-eight years before that, either." ~Dave Barry






1 comment: